Is it Time for a New Water Heater? Tips for Upgrading
If your water heater has been on the frits with declining performance – or worse, you’ve experienced the dreaded water heater breakdown, it may be time to shop for a new water heater for your Central Kansas home. We’ve put together some tips to help you shop wisely for your new water heater.
TYPES OF WATER HEATERS:
• Conventional water heaters maintain a storage tank of ready-for-use hot water. These are the most common water heater we see in homes throughout central Kansas. They tend to have a lower initial price but cost more through heating costs.
• Tankless water heaters don’t utilize a storage tank and heat water directly on demand. This reduces your heating costs, decreases your space footprint and ensures your never run out of hot water.
• Electric-powered heaters are widely available, and can power most types of heaters. They are an energy-efficient option and utilize less energy than gas-powered, though electricity tends to be more expensive than gas as a fuel-source. They have a relatively slower heating time and are susceptible to power outages. Electric water heaters are typically less expensive than gas water heaters.
• Natural gas heaters are also widely available and can power several different types of heaters. They’re more expensive at purchase but tend to be less expensive to operate due to gas being a less expensive fuel source than electricity. They heat water quicker than electric water heaters, but they have a shorter-lifespan and have a pilot light that may need relit.
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR NEXT WATER HEATER:
· Size is one of the most important criteria for selecting your next water heater. It must be large enough to provide sufficient water for your family, while not heating excessive amounts of water unnecessarily.
· Consider your upfront budget versus your long-term savings: Options like a tankless water heater can provide you long-term energy savings compared to a conventional water heater, though they’re more expensive upfront.
· Ask the Pros. Our licensed plumbing team to evaluate your needs and provide you a recommendation that will suite your family’s needs, your budget and your home.
Comfort Pro serves the Great Bend, Larned and Russell, Kansas region for all your plumbing, heating and air needs. Give us a call at 1-800-937-3030.